wigs to wishes.org.uk

The “Dawn Hughes Wigs to Wishes Fund” has been set up to enable me to receive further treatment at an Oncology Clinic in Germany where they have had a high success rate in stopping the spread of Cancer in patients and giving them the best possible chance of remission. The Berkshire Cancer Centre have informed me that there is little chance of my Cancer going into remission with the treatment available in this country.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my website. I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself. I'm a wife and mother of 3 young children, Matthew 13, Ellie 10 and Freddie 6. I was first diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2001 at the age of 36. Following Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy, I was in remission until a chance MRI scan in Feb 2005 for an unrelated problem, detected that the Cancer had returned. I was then diagnosed with Secondary Breast Cancer. The likely prognosis given in February was 18 months to 5 years. I then had to undergo aggressive Chemotherapy, but following the results of a recent bone scan, it was found that the Cancer is still spreading. The treatment in Germany will cost thousands of pounds and for most people like myself, the opportunity for this is a dream. Many of my Family and Friends want to make this dream a reality and are making tremendous fund raising efforts, because without them, I would not be able to seek the treatment that I so obviously need and which is not being offered in this country.

Friday, October 20, 2006

So far so good

Haven't had any adverse side effects from the chemo yet although was not able to sleep at all on Wednesday night. I think this was due to the steroid infusion. I seem to remember before having a few sleepness nights following the steriods. I also have to take them in tablet form for 3 days after the chemo but they don't seem to have the same effect as the infusion.

Haven't had the need to take any anti-sickness tablets yet either which is good so far.

The steroid must have still been quite high in my blood stream on Thursday because I was on quite a high for the majority of the day although did start to slow down by the evening. Unfortunately I can't predict when the fatigue and tiredness are going to set in but it is usually mid to late afternoon and the evenings. Once I start getting tired, I also get a bit grumpy as well and the kids get the brunt of my frustration. (Poor things!!)


Post a Comment

<< Home