wigs to wishes.org.uk

The “Dawn Hughes Wigs to Wishes Fund” has been set up to enable me to receive further treatment at an Oncology Clinic in Germany where they have had a high success rate in stopping the spread of Cancer in patients and giving them the best possible chance of remission. The Berkshire Cancer Centre have informed me that there is little chance of my Cancer going into remission with the treatment available in this country.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my website. I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself. I'm a wife and mother of 3 young children, Matthew 13, Ellie 10 and Freddie 6. I was first diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2001 at the age of 36. Following Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy, I was in remission until a chance MRI scan in Feb 2005 for an unrelated problem, detected that the Cancer had returned. I was then diagnosed with Secondary Breast Cancer. The likely prognosis given in February was 18 months to 5 years. I then had to undergo aggressive Chemotherapy, but following the results of a recent bone scan, it was found that the Cancer is still spreading. The treatment in Germany will cost thousands of pounds and for most people like myself, the opportunity for this is a dream. Many of my Family and Friends want to make this dream a reality and are making tremendous fund raising efforts, because without them, I would not be able to seek the treatment that I so obviously need and which is not being offered in this country.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Update from Spinal Surgeon

Dr Barrett called me this morning to say that the Spinal Surgeon (he puts rods in your spine) thought that he wouldn't be able to help and that it would not really make any difference to my back problem but he would like me to have an MRI scan to double check and then possibly talk me through why he thinks his procedure wouldn't work. I'm waiting this week for an appointment for the MRI scan. Dr Barrett then went on to say that the Radiologist who deals with the Vertebroplasty is on holiday. So, I'm not really any further forward.

Dr Barrett suggested that if I hadn't had an appointment through for the MRI scan, I should contact her secretary to chase.


Post a Comment

<< Home