wigs to wishes.org.uk

The “Dawn Hughes Wigs to Wishes Fund” has been set up to enable me to receive further treatment at an Oncology Clinic in Germany where they have had a high success rate in stopping the spread of Cancer in patients and giving them the best possible chance of remission. The Berkshire Cancer Centre have informed me that there is little chance of my Cancer going into remission with the treatment available in this country.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my website. I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself. I'm a wife and mother of 3 young children, Matthew 13, Ellie 10 and Freddie 6. I was first diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2001 at the age of 36. Following Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy, I was in remission until a chance MRI scan in Feb 2005 for an unrelated problem, detected that the Cancer had returned. I was then diagnosed with Secondary Breast Cancer. The likely prognosis given in February was 18 months to 5 years. I then had to undergo aggressive Chemotherapy, but following the results of a recent bone scan, it was found that the Cancer is still spreading. The treatment in Germany will cost thousands of pounds and for most people like myself, the opportunity for this is a dream. Many of my Family and Friends want to make this dream a reality and are making tremendous fund raising efforts, because without them, I would not be able to seek the treatment that I so obviously need and which is not being offered in this country.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

CT Scan results not so good

UK Onc had the results from the CT scan (unusually quick for the RBH). Unfortunately they have seen something on my liver and some fluid in my Uterus area. They don’t know what either of them are so I am now awaiting an appointment for an ultrasound for both areas. The Onc is unable to commit and say what either of these are. During my liver ultrasound in February the Consultant said that he saw what was possibly a nodule on the liver. He thought that it may not be anything and that if it was, it was small enough to be dealt with by the chemo. Hopefully, that is what it is this time!

Chemo has still been postponed for another week or two. I think I need to speak with the German Oncologist to check that this is okay.


Post a Comment

<< Home