wigs to wishes.org.uk

The “Dawn Hughes Wigs to Wishes Fund” has been set up to enable me to receive further treatment at an Oncology Clinic in Germany where they have had a high success rate in stopping the spread of Cancer in patients and giving them the best possible chance of remission. The Berkshire Cancer Centre have informed me that there is little chance of my Cancer going into remission with the treatment available in this country.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my website. I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself. I'm a wife and mother of 3 young children, Matthew 13, Ellie 10 and Freddie 6. I was first diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2001 at the age of 36. Following Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy, I was in remission until a chance MRI scan in Feb 2005 for an unrelated problem, detected that the Cancer had returned. I was then diagnosed with Secondary Breast Cancer. The likely prognosis given in February was 18 months to 5 years. I then had to undergo aggressive Chemotherapy, but following the results of a recent bone scan, it was found that the Cancer is still spreading. The treatment in Germany will cost thousands of pounds and for most people like myself, the opportunity for this is a dream. Many of my Family and Friends want to make this dream a reality and are making tremendous fund raising efforts, because without them, I would not be able to seek the treatment that I so obviously need and which is not being offered in this country.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Caversham AFC Christmas Donation

Steve received a phone call from Dave Renshaw of Caversham AFC saying that the football club which Ellie and Freddie are members, have decided that the money normally spent on Christmas cards and stamps this year be donated to a charity instead. The Executive Committee have therefore decided that the Club will donate the funds to Wigs to Wishes.

Dave came round with the cheque this evening. Wow! This is a very generous contribution and on behalf of myself, Steve, Matt, Ellie and Freddie, we are very grateful.

This has come at a very crucial time considering the results of my recent liver ultrasound and the possiblity of further treatment in Germany.

Thanks to everyone for all your recent donations.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Dawn said…

    Hello Dawn, your husband, and your children,
    I'm a french mother, I've 3 children and I read your history in a french magazine (Closer).
    I want to give you all my force to fight this lesions.
    I think your children will be very strong to live their life without you. I think you're a wonderfull mother and I'll hope you'll be better day after day.
    I think there is a life after the death and I'm sure that your children and your husband could speak with you trough the stars in the sky.
    I want to offer you all my positive thinks in order to give your the force that you need.
    I'm 43 and my children are 22, 20 and 18.
    I want to say to your children that wherever you will be, their mother will be near them.
    Dawn, you've a wonderfull idea to create memory box for your children, I hope your family will never open them.
    I'm sure that your husband Steve will be ok to follow your wonderfull work of mother.
    Please, excuse my english... but I'm sure that you'll understand that I want to say.
    I give you my mail if you want to write me some words :
    texier.nathalie@wanadoo.fr
    REALLY, FROM MY HEART, I GIVE YOU ALL MY FORCES TO HELP YOU, I'M SURE YOU WILL FIGHT THIS LESIONS.
    I'M WITH YOU IN MY MIND.
    LET'S KISS YOUR CHILDREN AND A LOT OF FORCES FOR YOU AND YOUR USBAND.
    BE STRONG, I'M WITH YOU !
    Nathalie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home