wigs to wishes.org.uk

The “Dawn Hughes Wigs to Wishes Fund” has been set up to enable me to receive further treatment at an Oncology Clinic in Germany where they have had a high success rate in stopping the spread of Cancer in patients and giving them the best possible chance of remission. The Berkshire Cancer Centre have informed me that there is little chance of my Cancer going into remission with the treatment available in this country.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my website. I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself. I'm a wife and mother of 3 young children, Matthew 13, Ellie 10 and Freddie 6. I was first diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2001 at the age of 36. Following Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy, I was in remission until a chance MRI scan in Feb 2005 for an unrelated problem, detected that the Cancer had returned. I was then diagnosed with Secondary Breast Cancer. The likely prognosis given in February was 18 months to 5 years. I then had to undergo aggressive Chemotherapy, but following the results of a recent bone scan, it was found that the Cancer is still spreading. The treatment in Germany will cost thousands of pounds and for most people like myself, the opportunity for this is a dream. Many of my Family and Friends want to make this dream a reality and are making tremendous fund raising efforts, because without them, I would not be able to seek the treatment that I so obviously need and which is not being offered in this country.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Weight Gain

I seem to have put on rather a lot of weight in the last 7-8 months and am increasingly having problems with all my clothes. This in turn is making me feel quite depressed. I don’t want to have to replace my whole wardrobe. Anyway I decided to email Dr Jacob and see if she had any advice. She suggested that I try changing the Arimidex to Aromasin. She did not think any of the other medications that I am currently taking would have an effect on my weight. I feel quite hopeful of this but now need to find a way of asking the UK Oncologist if I can change to Aromasin without letting on that the German Onc has suggested this as I don’t want to upset the apple cart!


Post a Comment

<< Home